Staying Connected through COVID-19
These are uncertain times we’re living in, but I’m reminded of Isaiah 26:3, “You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trust in you.” Our times may be uncertain, but our God definitely isn’t!
Even though we can’t be together in person, Park Avenue is incredibly blessed with technology that can minister to our church family, community, and nation. We’ve even had a church from California contact us about doing their own Park & Pray because they saw our event online! How awesome is that!
While COVID-19 has prevented us from meeting in one location, it won't stop us from worshiping, communicating, studying, and praying together. We have many resources to help you and your family grow in your faith from home and stay connected to our fellowship. Here are a few ways you can stay in touch:
All things Park Avenue can be found on our website!
- Our website is being updated almost daily at this point. As we have updates, resources, and information we want to get to you, our website will be the first place where you can see that information.
Here’s how to worship on Sunday Morning:
- LiveStream – paumc.com/live & on the PAUMC App
- We’re incredibly blessed with being able to livestream in both of our worship spaces. Join us on Sunday mornings at paumc.com/live to watch at 8:55am and 11:00am. Each stream will go live about 10 minutes before the service actually starts. It’s common for streams to crash if everyone jumps on at the same time, so by opening the window early we hope to prevent our servers from being bogged down all at once. (See the Livestream Q&A for troubleshooting.)
- Park Avenue App:
- Event information, sermons, and livestreaming are all available on the PAUMC App. If you’re looking for information about PAUMC and you’re on a mobile device, this is the easiest way to access it. To get the App, send a text to 77977 with the message: paumcapp. Or, visit your device's App Store for the download.
We Now Have Adult Sunday School!
- Access at PAUMC.com, PAUMC App, and YouTube!
- We’ll post a weekly adult Sunday School lesson on our YouTube channel and post it on our website and App as well. Try your best to stay in touch with your class via phone, text, or email until we can all be together again!
Another Discipleship Resource:
- RightNow Media:
- RightNow Media is the top Christian video library. It’s like the "Netflix of Video Bible Studies" and has a huge library of faith-based videos that you can access whenever and wherever you want—on your phone, tablet, computer, or on your TV at home. You will have FREE access to thousands of video resources to help you with parenting, marriage, discipleship and more. It includes content for all ages and stages of life, and all of your family members are invited to set up their own accounts as well. Setup your account at paumc.com.
Ways to Stay Connected:
- MyPAUMC is our church database. Members and visitors are granted a login. You can view your groups within the church you’re in (like Sunday School or bible studies) and will have the ability to connect and communicate with your friends. It’s a good idea to make sure your information is updated in our system so we have your correct mailing address, email, and phone number so we can stay in touch.
- We love to connect with you on Facebook! We’ll post updates and encouragement. Please tag us or send us pictures so we can see how you’re doing too!
- Our YouTube channel has all of our sermon and service videos. We’re expanding our library and posting videos of our children’s ministries and others as we create content. It’s a great way to share the Word of God with others!
Student Ministry Too!
- If you have a middle or high school student who want to get connected into our tribe, now’s the time to do it! Our Student Director, Dane Boruff, is hosting online weekly bible studies and Sunday School, along with utilizing other communication tools. If you want to be added to our group, just email, text, or call Dane @ email@example.com or (229) 563-9806.
I recognize that technology can be overwhelming and frustrating at times. We get frustrated too when learning and figuring out new programs! Let us know how we can help, and we’ll do our best to assist you how we can.
Brooks, Chris, and I are grateful to serve you and continue to connect with you during these trying times. Lift your voices with us as we sing,
“Because He lives I can face tomorrow
Because He lives all fear is gone
Because I know He holds the future
And life is worth the living just because He lives!”
Stay encouraged, and God bless!
Digital Creative Director