Phase IV of Reopening
We’re so excited about Phase IV of reopening on Sunday, October 11th and getting back to our normal Sunday morning worship schedule.
Beginning Sunday, October 11th:
- Social Distancing is no longer required while in the building. Masks ARE still required. (Feel free to continue social distancing if you're more comfortable doing so.)
- With the elimination of social distancing:
- Worship reservations are discontinued.
- Sunday School resumes at 10:00am on Sunday mornings for children, youth, and adults.
- There will no longer be temperature checks into the building.
- All main entrances will be open.
However, we do ask that you continue to refrain from physical contact with others. Resisting the urge to hug and shake hands will make those uncomfortable with unnecessary physical contact feel safer, and it’ll help prevent the spread of germs.
As a reminder:
- Nursery for ages 8 weeks to 2-year-old is available for the entire worship service. Check your children in at the Children’s Building on Sunday morning. Children in Nursery are not required to wear masks.
- Three & Four-year-olds will continue to have their own Children’s Church at 8:55 and 11:00am. Check your children in at the Children’s Building on Sunday morning. Three and Four-year-olds will remain in their classroom for the entire service. Preschoolers are not required to wear masks.
- Children in Kindergarten through 3rd grade will attend worship with their parents at 8:55 or 11:00am and will leave for their lesson time before the sermon. Pick your children up in the Children’s Building after service. Children in Kindergarten and up are required to wear masks.
- In person Bible studies have resumed.
- Big Time Believers has resumed.
- In person Sunday Night Youth has resumed.
- The Clothes Closet is open on Wednesdays from 10:00am – 1:00pm.
Seeing no spike in COVID cases following the opening of local schools, and on the guidance of our task force, medical consultants and staff, we believe that it is sufficiently safe to enter this phase of our reopening plan. We must continue to be diligent in preventing the spread of the virus, but believe that it is now time to take these steps in reopening our church.
We’re looking forward to opening Sunday School and seating more people in our worship services, but please do not feel guilty if you’re not comfortable coming to in person worship yet. Our livestream worship services will continue as normal. Also, please stay home if you’re sick or have had direct contact with someone who is ill and worship via the livestream.
If you attend any service at Park Avenue UMC and test positive for COVID-19 within two weeks of attending, please call the Church Office at (229) 242-3562 to notify our staff.
COVID-19 testing is available at:
- Health Department
- Smith Northview Hospital
- Check with your doctor for other available options.