Phase 1 of Reopening
Here are some things you need to know:
- As we open in Phase 1, please note that face masks are required inside the building.
- At this time, there are no children services or childcare.
- The 8:55am service will be meeting in the Fellowship Hall until renovations in the Sanctuary are complete.
Park Avenue UMC is following the CDC Suggested Guidelines for Churches as we reopen. As such, we require 14 volunteers for each service every Sunday in order to reopen. If you would like to join the Reopening Volunteer Team, please email email@example.com or contact Jamie Bone.
Please note, we are suspending in person services until a later date. Below is the process for when services do begin meeting again in person.
Reservations are required to attend in person worship for all ages. (Please note that ages 3 and up are required to wear face masks at this time.) An email will be sent from Park Avenue UMC to active Members & Visitors on Sunday evening at 7:00pm for the next week’s worship services at 8:55 and 11:00am. The email will include two forms:
- A Reservation Form for the next Sunday
- A WAITLIST Form for the next Sunday
When completing the Reservation form:
- Enter the total number of reservations in your party for your selected service.
- Indicate if you need handicap parking and assistance. This will ensure preferred parking, assistance from volunteers, and a designated entry point.
- You will receive a confirmation email when your form is submitted. Please make sure you receive this email to confirm your submission.
A set number of seats are available for each service. If registration for a selected service is full, you may fill out the WAITLIST form. (Please note that the WAITLIST can also become full.)
When completing the WAITLIST form:
- Enter the total number of requested reservations for your selected service.
- Again, indicate if handicap assistance is needed.
As we are able, we will add people from the WAITLIST to each service.
If you fill out the WAITLIST form and are not added to that week’s service, you will receive early access to the following week’s worship registration at 6:00pm on Sunday evening. This one-hour advantage will hopefully allow each family an opportunity to worship in-person on a rotating basis.
Please DO NOT attend worship should you feel sick, live with someone who is sick, or have been exposed to COVID-19.
Should you need to cancel your reservation, please call the Church Office at (229) 242-3562 Monday – Thursday from 9:00am – 2:00pm; or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
In Person Worship
Please arrive 30-45 minutes before the start of your selected service time to allow for adequate parking, registration, and seating. To attend worship in-person, please note the following:
- Congregants are asked to park in the Carson McLane & Children’s Building Parking lot. The only non-handicap entrance into the building is through the Chapel door.
- Handicap assistance is available by registration.
- Sanctuary: Park on the Carson McLane side of the Sanctuary
- Fellowship Hall: Park in lot on the corner of Patterson and Park.
- Your entire party (total reservation number) must be present before entering the building. You will sign-in each member of your party. Attendance is REQUIRED should we need to notify attendees in the service of COVID-19 exposure.
- At this time, masks are required for ages 3 and up. Masks and gloves are available. Hand sanitizer is available and encouraged.
- Each person must have their temperature checked. If anyone in your party has a temperature of 100.0° and above, your party will not be allowed to attend worship that week.
- An usher will direct you down the hallway towards your service venue. Please follow social distancing guidelines as indicated by marks on the floor should there be a line.
- Please stop outside your venue’s doors and wait to be seated by an usher.
- Bathrooms are available in the Narthex of the Sanctuary, and immediately outside the Fellowship Hall. If possible, please use the restroom before or after service, not during.
- Please maintain social distancing of 6 feet apart from individuals not in your party. We understand the temptations for hugs and handshakes for those you’ve missed, but for the safety and health of staff, volunteers, and congregants, please follow social distancing guidelines.
- Please note that there is no nursery or children’s church at this time.
- No bulletins or items will be handed out or passed around during service.
- At the end of service, please remain seated. An usher will dismiss your row to maintain social distancing between parties. Each service location will have an assigned exit.
- An offering box will be available at the exit for those who would like to give in person. Online giving is still available and encouraged.
- Please be mindful of time spent in the parking lot after service to allow for available parking for the upcoming service (when applicable.)
If you attend any service at Park Avenue UMC and test positive for COVID-19 within two weeks of attending, please call the Church Office at (229) 242-3562 to notify our staff. Your identity will remain anonymous. Should a person(s) test positive for COVID-19, we will notify the appropriate volunteers and attendees. If you receive a notification that you were exposed to COVID-19, we ask that you watch for symptoms and get test.
COVID-19 testing is available at:
- Health Department
- Smith Northview Hospital
- Check with your doctor for other available options.