Phase III of Reopening
We’re excited to begin Phase III of reopening at Park Avenue!
Beginning Sunday, September 13th, Children’s Church is back!
- Nursery for ages 8 weeks to 3-year-old is still available for the entire worship service.Check your children in at the Children’s Building on Sunday morning. Children in Nursery are not required to wear masks.
- Four-year-olds will now also have their own Children’s Church at 8:55 and 11:00am. Check your children in at the Children’s Building on Sunday morning. Four-year-olds will remain in their classroom for the entire service. Preschoolers are not required to wear masks.
- Children in Kindergarten through 3rd grade will attend worship with their parents at 8:55 or 11:00am and will leave for their lesson time before the sermon. Pick your children up in the Children’s Building after service. Children in Kindergarten and up are required to wear masks.
**Please note: reservations are critical for our Children’s Ministry team so we have enough staff and volunteers scheduled on Sunday morning. Please make reservations if you plan to use the Nursery or Children’s Church. Thank you!
In Person Bible Studies are now starting back!
Big Time Believers (4th & 5th Graders) will begin starting Sunday, September 20th from 5:30 - 6:30pm in the Children’s Building. Contact Lynn Yost for more details. (email@example.com). Sign-ups coming soon!
Also note: It will no longer be required for an entire party to be present before seating in the Sanctuary or Fellowship Hall on Sunday mornings.
We’re actively working on a plan for Sunday School; please be on the lookout for details coming soon.
Reservations are strongly recommended for guaranteed seating on Sunday morning. The link for reservations (including a waitlist form) is available Sunday afternoon - Friday at paumc.com.
Walk-ins are welcome on Sunday morning as seating allows.
When completing the Reservation form:
- Enter the total number of reservations in your party for your selected service.
- Indicate if you need handicap parking and assistance. This will ensure preferred parking, assistance from volunteers, and a designated entry point.
A designated number of seats are available for each service.
Please DO NOT attend worship should you feel sick, live with someone who is sick, or have been exposed to COVID-19.
Should you need to cancel your reservation, please call the Church Office at (229) 242-3562 Monday – Thursday from 9:00am – 2:00pm; or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
In Person Worship
Please arrive 30 minutes before the start of your selected service time to allow for adequate parking, registration, and seating. To attend worship in-person, please note the following:
- Congregants are asked to park in the Carson McLane & Children’s Building Parking lot. The only non-handicap entrance into the building is through the Chapel door.
- Handicap assistance is available by registration.
- Sanctuary: Park on the Carson McLane side of the Sanctuary
- Fellowship Hall: Park in lot on the corner of Patterson and Park.
- Sign-in at the entrance. Attendance is required should we need to notify attendees in the service of COVID-19 exposure.
- Masks are required for ages 3 and up. Masks and gloves are available. Hand sanitizer is available and encouraged.
- Each person must have their temperature checked. If anyone in your party has a temperature of 100.0° and above, your party will not be allowed to attend worship that week.
- An usher will direct you down the hallway towards your service venue. Please follow social distancing guidelines as indicated by marks on the floor should there be a line.
- Please stop outside your venue’s doors and wait to be seated by an usher.
- Bathrooms are available in the Narthex of the Sanctuary, and immediately outside the Fellowship Hall. If possible, please use the restroom before or after service, not during.
- Please maintain social distancing of 6 feet apart from individuals not in your party. We understand the temptations for hugs and handshakes for those you’ve missed, but for the safety and health of staff, volunteers, and congregants, please follow social distancing guidelines.
- Nursery is available for children ages 8 weeks through children in K3.
- Pre-K Children's Church is now available. Check your children in at the Children's Building before service (where preschoolers will remain the entire service). Masks are not available for preschoolers.
- Children's Church for Kindergarten through 3rd grade is now available! Children will attend service with parents and be dismissed before the sermon. Masks are required for children kindergarten and up.
- At the end of service, please remain seated. An usher will dismiss your row to maintain social distancing between parties. Each service location will have an assigned exit.
- An offering box will be available at the exit for those who would like to give in person. Online giving is still available and encouraged.
- Please be mindful of time spent in the parking lot after service to allow for available parking for the upcoming service (when applicable.)
If you attend any service at Park Avenue UMC and test positive for COVID-19 within two weeks of attending, please call the Church Office at (229) 242-3562 to notify our staff. Your identity will remain anonymous. Should a person(s) test positive for COVID-19, we will notify the appropriate volunteers and attendees. If you receive a notification that you were exposed to COVID-19, we ask that you watch for symptoms and get test.
COVID-19 testing is available at:
- Health Department
- Smith Northview Hospital
- Check with your doctor for other available options.